Spokane Valley’s CrossFit Kids program welcomes in grades kindergarten through 5th grade. Children and youth are engaged in fun games and challenges that will develop a firm foundation of fitness that will springboard them into any sport and teach them a healthy lifestyle.
CrossFit Kids workouts consist of constantly varied, functional movements that deliver a fitness that is broad, inclusive and general and scalable for any participant at any level. No two workouts are the same, so kids and teens never get bored and the novelty of each workout keeps them excited about participating. The functional movements involve exercises that are fundamental to all things that kids need to do when they play. Pull, push, run, throw, climb, lift, jump.
All of the movements are taught safely and effectively under the close supervision of thoroughly trained CrossFit Kids Trainers. When fitness is defined as broad, inclusive and general it means that participants will become well-rounded athletes who will be better at any and every sport that they play because CrossFit Kids doesn’t coach them to be good at just one thing. Our workouts will increase physical competence in 10 fitness domains: Cardiovascular and respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance and accuracy.
With workouts that are scalable, CrossFit Kids can equally benefit a person who is less active or an accomplished athlete by tailoring workouts so that each participant is challenged just enough to deliver measurable results and personal athletic progress.
Information for Parents
We will be running two major groups for classes: Kindergarten-2nd grade, and 3rd-5th grades. Please note that it is not the age of your child that is the deciding factor for what class he or she attends. It is largely based upon individual skill, athleticism, and maturity and is ultimately decided upon by the head coach to ensure your child is getting the most out of the CrossFit experience. Your child’s safety is paramount to the coaches, and it is with this focus I need your help. Below are some rules that we must enforce as a CrossFit Community to best protect your child please:
- Walk your children inside the building for the start of the class, and come inside the building to pick them up.
- Bring your children to the designated Kid area, where the head coach will meet them and take them onto the gym floor for the day’s class.
- Immediately notify the head coach if you see anyone in the parking lot or in the gym who does not belong there.
- Unless pre-arranged with the head coach, the children are only allowed to go home with the person who drops them off.
- Until we get to know all of you and your children by name, please sign your child in and out with the head coach so I can ensure they are going home with the appropriate person.
- Payment is month to month, and due the 15th of each month.
- A waiver, signed by a parent or legal guardian, is required for each child before he or she is allowed to participate in a class.
- Ensure your child has a bottle of water, or a bottle that can be filled up at the gym. Don’t forget to put your child’s name on it!
- Ensure your children are wearing clothes appropriate for running, jumping, rolling, pulling, swinging, climbing, crawling, throwing, and being upside down.
- If you choose to stay and watch the class (which I hope you do!), please do not coach your child.
- Children with disciplinary problems: first warning-free of consequence, second warning-sit out the first two minutes of the game, third warning-go to the parent.
- Finally, please make the head coach aware of any special needs for your children that may facilitate their individual safety, learning, and growth (i.e., medications, illness, physical/mental limitations, injury, sports, etc.).
I look forward to getting to know all of you personally and training your children to the utmost of my ability. If you have any questions, comments, problems, or concerns, please don’t hesitate to get a hold of me at the following: firstname.lastname@example.org or 509-863-7922.
CrossFit Spokane Valley[/coll_columns]