Ages 5-10 10:30-11:15 with Coach Daphne
Ages 10-14 11:30-12:30 with Coach Daphne
5 pack $60
10 pack $100
Additional family member get $20 off price.
Spokane Valley’s CrossFit Kids program welcomes ages 5-10. Children and youth are engaged in fun games and challenges that will develop a firm foundation of fitness that will springboard them into any sport and teach them a healthy lifestyle.
CrossFit Kids workouts consist of constantly varied, functional movements that deliver a fitness that is broad, inclusive and general and scalable for any participant at any level. No two workouts are the same, so kids never get bored and the novelty of each workout keeps them excited about participating. The functional movements involve exercises that are fundamental to all things that kids need to do when they play. Pull, push, run, throw, climb, lift, jump.
All of the movements are taught safely and effectively under the close supervision of thoroughly trained CrossFit Kids Coaches. Our workouts will increase physical competence in 10 fitness domains: Cardiovascular and respiratory endurance, stamina, strength, flexibility, power, speed, coordination, agility, balance and accuracy.
With workouts that are scalable, CrossFit Kids can equally benefit a person who is less active or an accomplished athlete by tailoring workouts so that each participant is challenged just enough to deliver measurable results and personal athletic progress.
Information for Parents
Your child’s safety is paramount to the coaches, and it is with this focus we need your help. Below are some rules that we must enforce as a CrossFit Community to best protect your child please:
- Walk your children inside the building for the start of the class, and come inside the building to pick them up.
- Bring your children to the designated Kid area, where the head coach will meet them and take them onto the gym floor for the day’s class.
- Immediately notify the head coach if you see anyone in the parking lot or in the gym who does not belong there.
- Unless pre-arranged with the head coach, the children are only allowed to go home with the person who drops them off.
- Until we get to know all of you and your children by name, please sign your child in and out with the head coach so we can ensure they are going home with the appropriate person.
- A waiver, signed by a parent or legal guardian, is required for each child before he or she is allowed to participate in a class.
- Ensure your child has a bottle of water, or a bottle that can be filled up at the gym. Don’t forget to put your child’s name on it!
- Ensure your children are wearing clothes appropriate for running, jumping, rolling, pulling, swinging, climbing, crawling, throwing, and being upside down.
- If you choose to stay and watch the class (which we hope you do!), please do not coach your child.
- Children with disciplinary problems: first warning-free of consequence, second warning-sit out the first two minutes of the game, third warning-go to the parent.
- Finally, please make the head coach aware of any special needs for your children that may facilitate their individual safety, learning, and growth (i.e., medications, illness, physical/mental limitations, injury, sports, etc.).